Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting our website.

AK 47 On The Altar: House On The Rock Church Breaks Silence

House on the Rock Church has explained why presiding minister of its Abuja branch, Pastor Uche Aigbe mounted the pulpit carrying an AK-47 rifle.

The incident took place on Sunday during the second service, which created a scene as the congregation tried to figure out the motive behind preaching with the ammunition.

“Some people are looking for my trouble. And I came here prepared. Today, there are some pastors with the gift of divination who go about ripping people off. This is why we should carry our ‘guns’ and defend ourselves. I will particularly be coming very soon for some of you sleeping in the church,” he said as the church erupted in laughter.

Recall that the Intelligence Response Team, Force Intelligence Bureau, Garki, Abuja, detained the cleric on Monday after backlash from people who thought there was more to the pastor’s action.

However, in a statement on Monday evening, the Church said Aigbe carried the gun to illustrate his message to the congregation.

The statement reads: “On Sunday, February 12, a resident pastor of House on the Rock, Abuja Church, Pastor Uche Aigbe in a message about fighting the good fight with spiritual weapons, carried an unloaded gun to illustrate his message on ‘Guarding your Faith.’

“Pastor Uche has been a leader in House on the Rock, Abuja since 1999 and has always shown exemplary leadership. However, he realises that even with the best of intentions, carrying a gun to illustrate his message was ill-advised and regrettable.

“Without hesitation, Pastor Uche has acknowledged the gravity of his actions and apologises unreservedly for them.

“As a church, House on the Rock rejects all forms of violence and we stand on the good news gospel of Jesus Christ which embraces peace and goodwill for all of mankind.

“We are cooperating fully with the authorities as they carry out their investigations into this incident, and we will continue to engage internally to ensure this break in protocol does not happen again.”