Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, Wednesday 28th September 2022, can be accessed below.
Goldennewsng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Presidency has said there is no State that has been authorized to procure automatic weapons for their security outfits. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, said this in a statement issued on Tuesday.
2. Amid the ongoing strike by the university lecturers, the management of Benue State University, BSU Makurdi, has directed the immediate reopening of the school. A statement on Tuesday signed by the BSU registrar, Mrs Mfaga Modom, directed all staff of the school to resume with immediate effect.
3. Former Super Eagles’ captain, John Obi Mikel, yesterday, announced his retirement from professional football after 20 years. Obi retired at the age of 35 with laurels won for both clubs and country, including Nations Cup, and Champions League, among others.
4. The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, met with the Party’s stakeholders in Enugu State. It was learnt that the Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu and some others were absent at the meeting with South-East stakeholders of the PDP.
5. At least two people were killed in Enugu State following an attack, Tuesday morning, by unknown gunmen. It was learnt that the gunmen attacked an Army checkpoint at Amodu in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State.
6. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, Tuesday, dismissed as untrue the reports making the rounds that he has abandoned the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike amid the struggle to retool the National Executive structure of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. He declared that he is still with Wike in the struggle for justice.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, will on Wednesday (today) inaugurate its 2023 Presidential Campaign Council in Abuja, the nation’s capital, as political campaigns officially begin in line with the elections timetable stipulated by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
8. Data from the Federal Government on Tuesday indicated that the collapse of the national electricity grid that occurred the preceding day led to the crash in power generation from 3,713.1 megawatts to 38MW. Industry figures obtained from the Federal Ministry of Power showed that power generation on the grid as at 6am on Monday was 3,713.1MW, but this plunged to 38MW around 10.51am.
9. A Federal High court sitting in Abeokuta, Ogun State, has nullified all the primaries conducted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of next year’s election. The primaries include governorship, Senate, House of Representatives and the House of Assembly.
10. A soldier attached to the Muhammadu Buhari Cantonment in Tungan-Maje in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has been arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) for allegedly hiring out and selling guns to kidnappers.